Overcoming Obesity 2019 Conference
Individualize Obesity Treatment for Your Patients
The Overcoming Obesity 2019 Conference is the only conference dedicated entirely to providing clinical obesity treatment education to physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and other healthcare providers. This year, the leading medical obesity conference heads to Boston for five days filled with all-new content, networking events, and experiences you won't want to miss!
The theme of the conference is Treating Obesity across the Lifespan. It will include an all-star lineup of topics, speakers, workshops, and sessions to help you learn the latest techniques and individualize obesity treatment for each of your patients!
Meet Our Keynote Speakers
Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH
Countering Food Industry Influence
Friday, Oct. 4 | 8:00-9:00 AM
Dr. Marion Nestle is a consumer advocate, nutritionist, award-winning author, and academic who specializes in the politics of food and dietary choice. Her research examines scientific, economic, and social influences on food choice and obesity, with an emphasis on the influence of food industry marketing. Her books explore issues like the effects of food production on dietary intake, food safety, and access to food and nutrition.
William Dietz, MD, PhD
Childhood Obesity and Its Effect Across the Lifespan
Saturday, Oct. 5 | 8:15-9:15 AM
Dr. William Dietz is the Sumner M. Redstone Chair of the Global Center for Prevention and Wellness at the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University. He is also the Director of the STOP Obesity Alliance. From 1997-2012, he was the Director of the Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity at the CDC. Prior to his appointment to the CDC, he was a Professor of Pediatrics at the Tuft's University School of Medicine, and Director of Clinical Nutrition at the Floating Hospital of New England Medical Center Hospitals.
Experience Overcoming Obesity 2019
- Explore the impact of the food industry on the obesity epidemic
- Discover how to individualize obesity treatment based on age, gender, and socioeconomic status
- Review the causes of obesity and their impact across the lifespan
- Develop obesity treatment plans for patients with complex adiposity-related diseases
- Learn about key advances and innovations in obesity medicine
- Prepare for board certification in obesity medicine
- Introduce new programs and revenue streams into your obesity medicine practice
More Than Just a Conference
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and cultural scene of Boston
- Socialize with your peers during networking events and happy hours
- Get moving with daily fitness activities and workout classes
- Connect with industry leaders and experts in the field of obesity medicine
- Get firsthand advice from seasoned clinicians by participating in the OMA mentorship program
- Find solutions for your practice in the exhibit hall with access to more than 60 vendors
- Celebrate the progress you've made and your accomplishments from the past year
Fall Obesity Summit – Oct. 4-6
Review Course for the ABOM Exam – Oct. 2-3
Building an Obesity Treatment Plan: Advanced Cases and Practice Management – Oct. 2-3
Pre-conference Events – Oct. 2-3
Oct. 2-3 – Review Course for the ABOM Exam (12.5 CME/CE): Prepare for the American Board of Obesity Medicine certification exam. Learn more...
Oct. 2-3 – Building an Obesity Treatment Plan: Advanced Cases (9.25 CME/CE): Learn how to develop obesity treatment plans using nutrition, physical activity, behavior, and medication. Learn more...
Oct. 3 – Obesity Medicine Practice Management (3.25 CME/CE): Gain tools for improving efficiency and maximizing revenue in an obesity medicine practice. Learn more...
Fall Obesity Summit – Oct. 4-6
Explore clinically proven obesity treatment techniques and learn how to utilize available therapies to better individualize treatment for your patients based on their age, gender, race, and more. Learn more...