Date: October 3
Accreditation: 3.25 CME/CE
Time: 1:15-4:45 PM
During this advanced workshop, learn how to make your obesity medicine practice more profitable and more successful! This workshop is intended to help clinicians with existing obesity medicine practices take it to the next level. Discover opportunities to grow your obesity medicine practice, generate more revenue, and broaden your reach to more patients with obesity.
- Build a more profitable obesity medicine practice.
- Identify opportunities to create additional revenue streams by selling products and services or implementing new programs.
- Learn how to evaluate and set prices for your products, services, and programs.
- Compare different ways to code the same obesity management visit.
- Determine the optimal way to bill and code to maximize your reimbursement.
- Explore ways to incorporate telemedicine into your obesity medicine practice.
- Review the business and legal aspects of running a telemedicine practice.
Schedule on Thursday, Oct. 3
1:15-2:15 PM - Advanced Billing and Coding in Obesity Medicine
Jeremy McConnell, MD, FOMA, Dipl. ABOM
- Apply billing and coding guidelines to chart obesity medicine visits for complex patient cases.
- Review different ways to code the same obesity medicine visit.
2:15-3:15 PM - Creating Revenue Streams in Your Practice
Ethan Lazarus, MD, FOMA, Dipl. ABOM
- Identify opportunities for new revenue streams in your practice.
- Evaluate potential vendors for new products to offer in an obesity medicine practice.
- Review strategies for pricing new products and services.
3:15-3:30 PM - Networking Break
Enjoy coffee and refreshments during this 15-minute break from the sessions. Use this time to get lingering questions answered, network with other clinicians, or take a mental break!
3:30-4:45 PM - Treating Obesity Using Telemedicine
Tania Malik, JD
- Identify options for implementing an obesity care telemedicine program.
- Review common platforms that are used in telemedicine programs.
- Understand the legal limitations of telemedicine.
- Review billing and coding considerations for telemedicine.
I attended my first obesity medicine conference in 1997. I was most impressed with how the physicians were so happy with their field of medicine, and how they were willing to help me have a better practice and provide better care to my patients. The conference material has come a long way because the science has come a long way. But the people and the fun have not changed. I learn a significant amount of material for the business of my practice and for my patient care in conversations between and after the lectures.
- Allen Rader, MD, MFOMA