Date: October 2-3
Accreditation: 9.25 CME/CE and 9.25 Medical Knowledge MOC points (ABIM)
Using the Obesity Medicine Association's four pillars of clinical obesity treatment, learn how to develop obesity treatment plans for patients with complex adiposity-related diseases. This case-based course is intended to build upon the core concepts of obesity medicine and help you gain the skills to implement more advanced techniques in your practice. You'll use real-life cases to practice building individualized treatment plans from start to finish.
- Learn to manage four common adiposity-related diseases: obstructive sleep apnea, type 2 diabetes, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Explore the impacts of obesity treatment on each of these associated diseases.
- Find out what key components to look for in the evaluation, labs, medical history, and physical exam.
- Learn how to identify and adjust any concurrent medications to support weight management.
- Prioritize treatment approaches for each adiposity-related disease and based on what you find during the initial evaluation.
- Examine the root causes of each associated disease and how to effectively treat both the obesity-related disease and the obesity.
- Understand how to best communicate and collaborate with other providers on the patient's healthcare team.
- Know when to refer to a disease specialist.
Schedule on Wednesday, Oct. 2
12:30-1:00 PM - Introduction to Building an Obesity Treatment Plan: Advanced Cases
Nicholas Pennings, DO, FOMA