Date: October 7-8, 2020
Accreditation: 13.5 CME/CE and 13.5 Medical Knowledge MOC Points (ABIM)
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 7 – 12:30-5:45 PM
Thursday, Oct. 8 – 7:30 AM-5:00 PM
Prepare for board certification in obesity medicine at the leading Review Course for the ABOM Exam! The Review Course offers a thorough review of the core content covered on the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM) certification exam with a clinical focus – so you're not only prepared to take the test, but you're well equipped to deliver evidence-based care for your patients with obesity. The Review Course includes case-based questions during each session and during lighting round Q&A sessions at the end of each day.
Earn up to 30 CME/CE – enough to fulfill the "Group One" requirement for the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM) exam application – when you attend both the Review Course for the ABOM Exam and the Fall Obesity Summit.
- Study the core content you may be tested on
- Understand the pathophysiology of obesity, evaluation and assessment techniques, and the different treatment approaches
- Practice taking sample test questions in each of the four main topic areas: Basic concepts, diagnosis and evaluation, treatment, and practice management
- Get study tips and advice from current ABOM Diplomates
- Meet other physicians from your area planning to take the exam
The course schedule is coming soon. Topics covered in the Review Course for the ABOM Exam include:
- Epidemiology and determinants of obesity
- Assessment and evaluation
- Behavioral and psychosocial diagnosis and treatment
- Physical activity
- Childhood and adolescent obesity
- Practice management
This education activity may receive support through an educational grant from a commercial interest.